Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Moving on up...

Well, summer happened. It was fast, wonderful, and full of so many people that we love. More on that later...maybe??

And today we moved on to THIS...

_DSC3601.jpg

_DSC3599.jpg

_DSC3587.jpg

_DSC3585.jpg

_DSC3590.jpg

We started the day with scrambled eggs (which they ate...thankfully), Wild Krats (which they had time to watch because they ate...thankfully), changing into the new outfits they picked out, and pictures.

We were early to school, because there has to be one day that that happens. Drop off is on the playground, which will allow me to leave Jocelyn in the car while I sign them in. I am thankful for that. Before we pulled away, we saw each of them talking to at least one child, and really not sticking together much.

We were also early for pickup, because there also has to be one time for that. We observed them sitting in circle time singing a song about fishies. Mackenna was doing the appropriate hand motions and singing along. Micah was sitting there. They both got a sticker for the day, and the teacher said it went well. In separate meal time prayers, they both thanked God for wonderful days - I guess that is all I can ask for!

I think I feel a little weirder facing tomorrow - Day Two - then I did about day 1. I have dropped them off places before for one day and had a little time to breath, but then it is usually back to the normal gearing up for a crazy day at home the next day. Today as I was realizing that Curt will go to work tomorrow and we have no groceries and the laundry isn't quite done and I was beginning to go into my Manic Monday night mode...I remembered that tomorrow will be another quiet morning at home with Jocelyn. I'm thankful for that, but also a little weirded out by it too - more perplexed than sad. I am looking forward to the routine - I think it will be good for us.

We ended the day with Tortellini and a trip for ice cream...and of course, bed!

Here's to a great practice run at this thing called school :)


Oh...and tomorrow my baby turns 11 months old. I haven't written her a monthly letter since 7 months. It is too late to "catch up" but I am determined to write something about her tomorrow...since waiting until the next month would mean than she would be 1!! So, that hopefully means two posts in two days!

No comments:

Post a Comment