Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

P52 - Sacrifice

project 52 p52 weekly photo challenge my3boybarians.com

This photo theme seemed to be the perfect time to jump back in. Although the idea of what I needed to capture didn't immediately jump out at me, my husband said something that quickly caused it to click. We were talking about what "sacrifice" looks like, trying to brainstorm, and he mentioned I should take a picture of me feeding Jocelyn at three in the morning. I appreciated his sentiment, but that seemed a little self glorifying in my book. I quickly thought about what he was going to do the next day - come home early, give up time at work, stay home with the kids, put off naptime for as long as possible to hopefully still give me a break later, so that I could go and take newborn photos for a friend. He is such a sacrificing daddy.

_DSC6931.jpg

_DSC6934.jpg

_DSC6937.jpg

The photos were taken in less than desirable light, but they are a great reminder of the amazing, tangible, sacrificial love he shows our three children every day.

_DSC6942.jpg

We love you, daddy!

2 comments:

  1. and there were scissors involved....around hair....that's quite sacrificial too! :) lovely shots Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos --you have a lovely family. Love the black and white shots that represent the fun your husband is having with his children--very touching!

    ReplyDelete