Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Random Hearings in my House

Micah: "Can I have one of these?" (holds up a Reese's)
Me: "No, you picked a Snickers for your treat."
Micah: "But I didn't like it."
Me: "But you ate it all."
Micah: "I was just tasting it to see if I liked it. And I didn't."

---
Micah: "I know why I can't pull the weed out. Because ants are in the ground pulling it down."

---
Mackenna: "This strawberry is too small. I need to eat it."

(lots of other strawberry cuteness...like them eating the whole patch and her being my little helper through the whole job of cleaning them and making jam. She was a trooper - and actually helpful.)

_DSC5747.jpg


---
Mackenna: "Don't lay Jocelyn there. That is Raelyn's blanket."  (Raelyn is Mackenna's doll)
Me: "No, all of this stuff is Jocelyn's. It is okay if Raelyn uses it, but it is all Jocelyn's. Jocelyn is more important than Raelyn."
Mackenna: "No."
Me: "Your doll is more important than your sister?"
Mackenna: "No, they are both important."

_DSC5631.jpg


---
Mackenna, while picking up her room: "I don't want to do this anymore. I want to do something else.
Me: "Well, who made the mess."
Mackenna: "I did."
Me: "Well, who should clean it up then?"
Mackenna: "Daddy"


---
Micah, after leaving a store where we bought nothing: "What did we buy in that store?"
Daddy: "Nothing."
Micah: "Well then, why did we go in there?"
Daddy: "Son, that is a question you will be asking women for the rest of your life."
Mommy silently shakes her head.

_DSC5502.jpg

1 comment: