Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Waiting another day

I was full of plans to catch up on some back blogging last night...and some back paper filing and bill organizing, but that isn't quite as exciting.

My little sweat pea had gone from perfectly well to perfectly sick in a 6 hour period on Sunday. First came a cough, than a goopey gunky eye, then a fever, then congestion. She was miserable. On Monday, the doctor opted to treat the eye with an oral antibiotic, because of the addition of the fever. She made a quick, quick turn around, and this is the face I was able to spend yesterday with.

_DSC4879.jpg

And this one (he was showing me that he can count backwards from 9).
_DSC4827.jpg

And this one too (she was copying Micah and just being generally cute).
_DSC4844.jpg

All was well. Our small group was coming over, and my kids were counting the minutes until their friends were going to get here "next year" (the differences between today, tomorrow, minute, day, month, year are still a little lost on them). Micah had been a bit of an emotional wreck all day, but I wasn't thinking too much of it. He woke up from nap complaining that his ear hurt, so much so that these were his words, "Mom, I don't really think that I can eat dinner because my ear hurts too bad." Shoot.

So our evening plans were scratched, and Curt took Micah to the pediatric walk in clinic. He came home with three prescriptions. So much for me being a good diagnostition and thinking that Micah was getting healthy. She felt he was headed down a pneumonia route and wanted to head it off at the pass. Thanks. I was thinking that she might have overreacted, until Micah walked in the door covered in puke since he coughed so hard on the ride home. Great.

So, yeah, when all the kids were finally in bed around 10:00, I didn't have much energy left for anything.

And, now, when my baby seems to have taken a turn for the worse, I'm still thankful for the happy face she had yesterday and wishing she still had it today.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry, Laura. Our family has bounced from one sickness to another lately, so I can understand a bit of what you're going through. Praying that everyone is healthy soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! I appreciate your compassion. I also appreciate that this is the first trio of sickness that our kids have experienced this year. Not nearly as bad as it could be. Praying for health in your household soon too.

      Delete