Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day 2012

Valentine 2012

A couple of things I overheard on this happiest of love days.

As Daddy's car pulled in the driveway after work, Micah: "Let's take a pause and go hug Daddy."

As I got back in the car after a quick trip into the grocery store (to get some fruit to take for dinner to a friend's house, a friend who fed us twice today!), Mackenna: "I love you Micah." Micah: "I love you Mackenna." Did I mention they were holding hands as they said this?

_DSC4269.jpg

----

I thought it would be fun to interview the kids about their love interests today. Here are their interviews:

Micah:


_DSC4362.jpg



What do you love? "I love you, mommy, and I love Mackenna, and Daddy, and Elliana, and Audrey, and....umm, uh...Ava and Faith, and Autumn, and Lily, and um, I love, our friend Audrey, and what else...

What shows do you love? "Busy World, that's the first one, and Busy Town, and that's the second one, and....I like, um, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, that's the fourth one,...what other shows are on? I like Einsteins, that's the fourth, that's another one). I like Phonics Farm, that's the fieth one. Those are all the shows I like.

What do you love about Daddy? "When he wants to play with me, and when he goes to work, and what else, I love when um, Daddy drives back to our house, and what else, and I love when um we um when he goes to get something for me."

What do you love about Mackenna? "I love that she rides her bicycle fast. I love that she plays with me sometimes. I love when she does her work. That's all."

What do you love about Jocelyn? "I love that she smiles at me when I smile at her. And I love that I took a picture with her and I hold her. And...I think that's all."

_DSC4333.jpg

What about mommy? "I love that you pick me up sometimes. I love that I give hugs to you. I love that you kiss daddy. And, I think that's all."

How can you show people that you love them? "By being happy. By sharing."

Do you remember the verse we learned about love? Love is.... "kind." And what else? Love is......"patient."

Do you know that I love you? "Yeah."
How long will I love you? "I think for a long times. And you'll love Mackenna for a long times."

"Is that all? I want to go back outside."

_DSC4360.jpg

------

Mackenna:

_DSC4369.jpg

Who do you love? "What do you have special for me?"
No, this conversation is the special thing I wanted to do with you. Who do you love? "Elliana, I don't like anyone else."
What about Micah and daddy? "No."
Do you want to go back outside and play? "Mm hmm"

Well, that went well.
And to further endear herself to her mother, once we got back outside, she proceeded to tell me that I had a big belly. Thanks sweetie.


We tried again later.

Who do you love? "I love Lily and I love Elliana and I love Emma and I love the friend at the castle park, And I like...that's all."
What about your family? "mmmmm...I like baby Jocelyn."
What about Micah and Daddy? "I like Micah and Daddy and You and Maggie and Christa and Audra and Nana and Allison and Grandma and Grandma Snyder. That's all the friends I love."

What are some things you love? "I love everything in the world. parks. and Indiana. and houses. and that's all the things I like."

What do you love about Daddy? "I love work. I love when daddy plays and I like babies with Daddy. And I like kids that daddy draws for me. I love to play with him and I like to play with Micah with Daddy. And I like stickers to play with my notebook."

What do you love about Micah? "Micah does good things and play with me and show good surprises for me. And he shows pictures of me. And he shows good bows."

What do you love about Jocelyn? "I love her playing and saying "uh ga ga" and I love her to talk for me and I love her to snuggle with me on the couch. And I love her so much that I wholly love all my friends."

_DSC4305.jpg

"And I love all the friends I like."

What do you love about mommy? "I like you to show me things and good surprises. And put bows in my hair. And I like you to play with me. And I like good pictures to show me."

How can you show people that you love them? "Show them how to play with me and how to play games."

"Audra is bigger than me but I'm still her best friend."

Do you remember the verse about Love? Love is..."kind. Love is peaceful too." What else? Love is.... p p p ..... patient. "Oh. Patient. And kind and peaceful."

Do you know that I love you? "uh-huh"
How long will I love you? "This long." (hands stretched out wide)
How much do I love you? "This long." (hands close together) "Or this long." (hands stretched out) "Like four pickles in a row."

"What is love about? Kindness, and peace for the shepherds."

_DSC4370.jpg

------

A few more pictures of my three second favorite Valentine's:

_DSC4343.jpg

_DSC4354.jpg

_DSC4312.jpg

_DSC4301.jpg

_DSC4320.jpg

2 comments:

  1. "kindness and peace for shepherds" is my favorite! That's hilarious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather I just posted the same thing on her fb! Awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete