Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Four Month Old Jocelyn

Dearest Jocelyn,

Well, you are another month older! Time keeps going on, and we keep falling more in love with you...our little "Jocie-bit" or "Sweet girl." You really are super sweet. You have been really really laid back this month. You aren't super talkative or vocal, but there are usually a few times in the day where you will babble back and forth with me or dad - usually dad. You two seem to have a special relationship; he is the number one person to make you laugh. Your laughter is an awesome sound.  You seem to be a pretty discerning laugher; not everything will merit a good belly laugh from you! Sometimes I can get one by making a "squeezing air out of my cheeks noise" or by coughing (I coughed so much in these last two months that I'm pretty sure you can identify your mommy by my cough). Daddy makes this crazy "buh-buh-du-du-doo-doo" noise in a high-pitched voice - and if anything will make you laugh, this will.

DSC_2870-21

Your brother and sister each had a "thing" that everyone always said about them - for Micah it was commenting on his long eyelashes. For Mackenna it was talking about her curl on her forehead or talking about how she just looked like a girl. For you, everyone, and I mean everyone, comments on how you are a "doll." Grandpa Sharbaugh kept saying it at Christmas and even the random lady at Ikea told us that you just look like a perfect little baby doll. We agree.

DSC_3059-17

You are getting bigger. You officially wear size 2 diapers and 3-6 month clothes. You are right below the 50th percentile for weight (right where you have been since birth) - 13 pounds 7 ounces - and almost at the 90th percentile for height - 25.25 inches. Your head size is closer to the 25th percentile. This confirms what I think about who you look like. We always say that you are the girl version of your brother, and I do think that you look mostly like Micah. However, I think your head is shaped more like your sister's, and that is one of the things that gives you a different look from Micah.

You are enjoying tummy time a little bit more, and holding your head up better and better while you are on your stomach. You don't push yourself up with your hands yet while you are on your belly, and you don't roll over. The doctor said we should just keep giving you more opportunities - goody. You have sat in the bumbo seat some and also your exersaucer. You still prefer to lie on your back and look at your "hello baby mirror" or play with the green caterpillar rattle toy or bat at the same toy bar that Mackenna loved. You will grab for toys and sometimes bring them to your mouth. You are pretty good at holding your head up when you are sitting on our laps, although you look down more than you look up. You love facing out while we are holding you, and you will likely be soaking the arm that is holding you with lots and lots of drool. We are waiting for some teeth around here. They don't seem to be bothering you much yet, so I'm quite content for them to stay in your gums for awhile longer. I don't put drool bibs on you, but maybe I should!

DSC_2838-8

DSC_3031-4

DSC_2849-14

DSC_2876-23


Like I just said, you love facing out and being held. The other day, you went to the grocery store with just Dad and I for a major shopping trip. You were content and calm the entire time because one of us was holding you in this desired position. Same thing when we went to visit preschools. Your easy going self is at its finest when you are held like this.

You are officially NOT a snuggler. If I try to put you up against my body on my shoulder, you totally freak out. If I try to cradle you in my arms, you freak out even more. Sometimes I can rock you if I sit you up in my lap and face you out, but not often, and you will rarely fall asleep like this. You like your bed, you like to be swaddled and lie on your back, you like your sound machine, and you are starting to like your pink bunny. You do NOT need mama in order to fall asleep, that is for sure, and that is okay...I guess. I'm here if you change your mind.

DSC_2757

DSC_3250


You are getting a little more hair, but still not a lot. You are definitely a blondie so far. You have a pretty rocking bald spot on the back of your sweet little head. I still love to kiss the top of your head; you are so soft and fuzzy right now.

As far as your routine, it was about the same as last month until Friday the 13th. You totally changed things up on that day, and I was thinking it was a fluke, until you did it for four days straight. You have had a few days since then where you haven't done it, but for the most part, this is the schedule that YOU put YOURSELF on:
8 AM: Wake, Eat, Zantac, Play
9:30: Sleep
Noon: Wake, Eat, Play
2:00: Eat, Zantac, Sleep
5:00: Wake, Eat, Play
Sometime between 7 and 8: Zantac, Bath, Eat, Bed (We are still figuring you out at nighttime. Not sure what your ideal bedtime is. However, I do know that if I miss your magic bedtime window, you get really really mad. So mad that you won't eat and just choose to go to bed hungry out of spite. It works okay; I will usually just wake you up then before I go to bed and feed you. Silly girl. Oh, and, yes, you usually sleep through the night. You have pretty much dropped that early morning feeding all together.)

DSC_3219-14

Oh...and I almost forgot...you are officially a two-finger-sucker now. You do it all the time, and you seem to really like it.

DSC_3145-3

So I guess that about sums up "you at four months." We really like you. We have spent a lot of this month at home (you finally were in your own home on the 21st of a month), and you have been super calm at just chilling and going with the flow. I love hearing you talk, but it is okay that you don't talk too much at this point. You seem to be happy and that makes me pretty happy too.

Love you,
Your Mama

DSC_2693


No comments:

Post a Comment