Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Top Quotes from my week - from all three of my babies

We'll go from oldest to youngest:

Micah:
He had woken up from a deep sleep sometime before midnight on Monday night. He came out into the living room in a sweaty panic. He was crying and asking for a drink....repeatedly and very "passionately." We tried to calm him down, and Curt went to get him a drink. I asked him to come sit next to me on the couch. I ran my fingers through his hair and let him calm down a bit. I asked him if he had a bad dream. He quickly said yes. I was pleased to hear some reason for his panic. I asked him what the dream was about. He responded (in his after sobbing, broken voice), "I dreamed that I couldn't have a drink."

DSC_3123-41

Mackenna:
I was feeding Jocelyn yesterday and it wasn't going very well. She was distracted and a little angry. Mackenna was right in her face and kind of making at least one of us claustrophobic. I told Mackenna I was going to go feed Jocelyn in my room. She wanted to come with us, and I told her no, that I needed to go to a quiet place. A little while later, when I was done, I called for Mackenna to come do something for me. She said she couldn't because she was feeding her baby. Still in the other room, I asked if I could come see. Without missing a beat, she said, "No, this is my quiet place." I did make it out to the living room not only to see her nursing her baby but also to see her holding her shirt up and out of the way with her mouth, the exact way I frequently do it during nursings. I was in awe of what she had absorbed.

DSC_3125-42

Jocelyn:
Prerequisites to understanding this encounter: 1.) We visited potential preschools for M&M today 2.) While I was feeding Jocelyn, I was watching the DVR'ed Parenthood episode about Haddie going off to college.
Jocie was sitting on my lap smiling up at me after eating. This inspired me to have a little chat with her. I told her that she was my precious, beautiful little baby. I commented that she would not always be little. One day she would be big and go to preschool and even go off to college some day. I asked her if she would remember her mama and all the great care I provided her in these days. She responded by filling her pants. I took that as a yes.

DSC_3128-44

(About the pictures: My elder two lovelies happily chose to lay side by side, sharing a blanket and pillow, while they watched some Sesame Street. Be still my heart. My youngest little lovebit has become a two finger sucker and that last photo shows her showing off her new obsession and clinging onto my old obsession - the pink blankie that I passed on to Mackenna who somewhat rejected it and passed it on to Jocelyn. I have two daughters. How did this happen?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment