Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Things you learn when you and your daughter are both nursing your babies

1.) Mackenna is quite a conscientious mother. The other day, baby Raelyn did everything that Jocelyn did. Eat. Burp. Get medicine. Have tummy time. Swing. Nap. Get Swaddled. Get changed. Everything.

2.) Watching Mackenna watch me as I was nursing Jocelyn, looking for what she was supposed to do next with Raelyn was absolutely adorable. I could tell at one point that she was bored and ready for Raelyn to be done eating. I told her she could go play. She refused until Jocelyn was finished eating as well. She then dutifully switched sides and gave Raelyn some more to eat. Sweetness.

3.) I asked Mackenna how many babies she wanted to have some day. At first she counted on her fingers and said 5. Then she switched to the other hand and counted 6 fingers and changed her answer. Then she counted both hands together and came up with 21 fingers. That is how many kids she wants. (Don't worry, she only really has 10 fingers.)

4.) Mackenna understands that I am her baby's grandma and daddy is her baby's grandpa. She also is quite certain that Micah is her baby's dad.

5.) Micah is quite insistent that Mackenna can't actually feed her baby "that way." This is because Mackenna doesn't have the "ovals" that are necessary to feed a baby.

6.) I really hope this is as close as I get to actually nursing a baby while my eldest daughter is also nursing her baby.


(This is actually baby Kathryn. Not Raelyn. And, as you can see by the long hair, this was a picture from earlier this month. Aren't the matching dresses adorable!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment