Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

Be Still

project 52 p52 weekly photo challenge my3boybarians.com

This week's p52 theme was "Be Still." These images from this week immediately came to mind. Sometime in the last year, our older kids started getting into bed with us in the morning. They usually make their way individually into our room sometime after 7, and we can usually keep them with us until around 8:00. Sometimes they are restless and chatty, but many times they fall back asleep as we slowly start our morning together. I was debating changing up this routine, but the day I heard this conversation between Micah and Mackenna, I ended that debate in a hurry.
Micah: "Mackenna, Mackenna, wake up. It's light outside."
Mackenna: "Oh."
Micah: "Do you know what that means? Do you know what time it is? .... It's SNUGGLE TIME!"
And then all I heard was two pairs of feet running into my bed. Pure Sweetness.

On this particular day, they must have been really tired, because Curt and I both had gotten up and taken showers before they even moved. My sleeping babes. Still. Sweet.

_DSC5030.jpg

_DSC5034.jpg

_DSC5039.jpg

And, yes, that is a boy holding his twin sister's hand. I'm so glad they have each other.

7 comments:

  1. SO PRECIOUS!!!!! I am so looking forward to snuggle time when my little one gets older. I love that he loves it now, even with the colic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that holding hands pic is so daggone adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tara! I appreciate the kind feedback :)

      Delete
  3. Laura, these pictures are priceless. I especially love the last one. You have such cute kiddos. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather. Their snuggles indeed are priceless...and I know very well that it won't be forever that my son is so excited for "snuggle time"!

      Delete
  4. love the pictures. love how she is all curled up in her polka dot pj's and how he is moving around from position to position. and the last one is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh.my.goodness. These are the most precious pictures ever!!! That last one . . . too much! How very sweet. I have a Makenna, myself :)

    ReplyDelete