Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Did they grow a year in the week I was gone?


Things I have heard my kids say in the 9 hours I have been home from Indiana...

----

Mackenna, after hearing someone say to "relax" on the TV: "Relax is not something that kids like to do."

----

Micah, coming in the front door: "Mom, do you know what that pile is? That's my pile of random stuff."

----

Me: "Did you go to the Dr. yesterday, Micah?"
Micah: "Oh, yeah, you mean the 'pick your nose appt'." (Referring to the ENT)

----

Micah, while talking to me about a day that I didn't buy him a shirt at the mall: "...do you remember the day of our Disney World adventure when we took a break at the mall..."

----

Dad, after the kids had asked me a lot what I had brought them back from my trip: "Are you happy to see your mom or just see the stuff?"
Both of them: "We like both."

----

Micah: "You got two shirts for both of us; that means you got four shirts!"

----

(lest you would think that I think he is a math genius or something...)
Micah, reading the sign 11:20 on something: "Look it says 'one-dee-one two zero'."

----

Micah: "Jocelyn is the best baby in the whole world."
Mackenna: "That's not nice to the other babies."
Micah: "Well, Jocelyn is the best baby, but I won't tell other babies or else they would know that they weren't best."

----

Micah: "This is the best popcorn in the whole world."
Mackenna: "That's not nice to the other popcorn."
(hmm...see a pattern here?)

----

Micah: "You are the best mommy in the whole wide world. We have a wide earth. That means it is the widest planet. That means it is the biggest planet.
Me: "Well, the earth is not actually the biggest planet."
Micah: "Which one is? Let's look it up on the ipad."

----

Mackenna: "I'm tired. Will you carry me inside?"
Micah: "Me too."
Me: "I'm tired too. Who is going to carry me inside?"
Mackenna: "We can't carry you. You are much bigger than us."
Micah: "And MUCH MUCH heavier."


_DSC5412.jpg_DSC5422.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment