Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Disney Day

We took advantage of the holiday and went over to Disney on Monday. Here are a couple of highlights...

- Driving through Tampa at 7:30 AM on a Monday and having it feel like a ghost town.

- Soarin' is always a highlight for me. Love it. I seriously duck with the golf ball comes flying at me. I love that I can now share this big kid ride with my kiddos. And I love that Micah talks my ear off the whole time. "Mom, that's like my aircraft carrier." "No, that's not a plane. That's a jet." I always take the opportunity after that ride to talk about what a beautiful world God made for us to enjoy. Seriously. California kicks Florida's butt.

- My kids love the Epcot ball ride; so much that Micah made up a song. "I love the Epcot ball, the Epcot Ball, I love the Epcot ball." Great stuff there. While riding it this time, Curt was talking to him about who made the people. Micah responded that God did, and Curt was talking to him about it all. Micah told him, "Dad, you know a lot of stuff." Curt told him that he learned a lot of it at school. Micah said, "no, you learned it at church." Not a bad place to learn stuff.

- The carousel was a pretty huge hit this time. Jocelyn clearly loved it - all smiles and giggles and scrunchy faces. Micah and Mackenna were naming their horses and grinning from ear to ear.

Safe to say she liked it

- Micah's favorite part of the day was "all of it."

_DSC4333.jpg

- Mackenna decided to be brave this time and ride the Junior coaster back by Dumbo. As you can see from the first picture, she was scared on the ride...but she came off running to me and announcing, "It was fun!" "I want to go again!" I was so proud of her!

_DSC4336.jpg "It was fun!"

- I love pulling into Disney and how excited they get about everything there - the signs, the roads, the parking lot. So great.

- There was one moment where the two older kids were actually talking and putting the other person first. It was beautiful. We were going to do the Monsters show and the Buzz ride. Micah asked Mackenna which ride she would "prefer" to do first. He then told me that Mackenna preferred the Monster show, so we should do that first. Precious.

Cuties - natural smiles for mom

- So they have re-done the Dumbo ride. I knew this, and we had gone on part of it, but now the whole thing is open. We walked into line and a lady checked us into a computer, like at a restaurant. They gave us a pager and then our kids were able to go play in an indoor playplace! While "in line!" It was amazing, and air conditioned, and big, and great! We were then paged when it was our time to ride. Awesome.

- Another awesome - while there, Jocelyn decided to be willing to take a few steps while we were holding first two hands and then just one hand. I think, although she had been a super baby all day, she was really happy to be out of the stroller or Ergo - even if it meant having to walk instead of get down and crawl. So fun!

_DSC4248.jpg Taking some first steps _DSC4375.jpg

- We ended up staying for the light parade, because they really wanted to and there wasn't a good reason not to. We got good seats fairly easily...or so we thought. Little did we realize that a group of adults was going to stand in the front row right by the rope, just to the left of us. So even though we had the front row by the rope, our kids couldn't see what was coming because the people just down from us were twice their size. We weren't sure how to handle this...but we ended up just putting the kids on our shoulders and letting them watch from there. I felt rude. It wasn't the best parade etiquette, but our lovely neighbors didn't leave us a lot of choice. As you can see below, Micah and Jocelyn were asleep before even getting out of the park, and then Jocelyn woke up on on the monorail and came to me while Mackenna took her spot in the stroller, they were both asleep before we got to the van. Quiet ride home!

_DSC4399.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment