Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

My Sweet Cheeks

----

Mackenna: "Micah kissed me."
Me: "Oh that's okay; you like kisses."
Mackenna, with horror and emphasis: "I don't want kisses from boys. They're diskusking."

----

Mackenna, getting out of my bed after snuggling this morning, and realizing that I wasn't following her: "Mom, I want someone to come with me."
Me: "I'm coming sweetie; I'm just slow."
Mackenna: "But you're not slow when you make food."

----

Mackenna, said with such energy and enthusiasm I can't even explain: "Mom, we have Sprite. Mom, you have Sprite. Sprite is GREEEAAAAT!"

----

(In a conversation before I was going to go visit my sister)
Mackenna: "I miss Elliana."

Me: "I know, friends are pretty great. You know, a great thing about family, is that for a long time, Jocelyn will never move away from you."

"No, she is a part of our family....But someday, when she grows up, she'll move away and become a mommy."

"Well, hopefully she'll become a wife and then a mommy. We pray that you'll love Jesus by that point and want to do things the way he commands."

"And you'll be a grandma."

"I know, I can't wait. That's the whole reason I became a mommy was to be a grandma."

"But you'll have wrinkles."

"That's okay. Because you know what the wrinkles mean? They mean that I lived a happy life."

"No, they mean you are old."


_DSC4291.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment