Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Love these kids

My family never ceases to make me smile...

The other night Mackenna got up to use potty before going to sleep for real. I hugged her and told her she was the best big girl ever. She responded, "but not when I disobey." So true.

580537_10150695832948244_647263243_9449550_697675993_n.jpg

Micah must have asked me something about if he could do something at some point in the future. I must have said "I don't care." I clearly don't remember the context very well. What I do remember is what he said a few minutes later. Out of the blue he asked, "Mom, does 'I don't care' mean yes? or no?" Funny kid.

_DSC5997.jpg

As if the differences between boys and girls weren't always clear to us, we were reminded of the difference when we were at Animal Kingdom a few weeks ago. Micah had been asking to ride the train all day (probably another story), but at this moment, we were at the Lion King show. Both kids were having a great time in the beginning. It was action packed and fun. After the monkey dancers did their thing, the mood shifted and a graceful bird dancer took center stage. We experienced two different reactions to this. Micah turned to dad and said, "I sure am looking forward to riding that train." Mackenna then calmly and quietly, in a "beautiful voice," said, "This is my favorite part."

_DSC7139.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment