Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Mom Week

Where is the time going? 

We had a wonderful mother's day weekend last weekend - at least I did. Jocelyn and I were able to go the beach alone on Saturday while the older kids did some mother's day stuff with dad. I stayed home with Jocelyn from church on Sunday because of a gunky nose, and that was nice in its own respect. Curt did a great job of making lunch and giving me as much down time as possible on Sunday and Monday. I have a sweet family.

They have also said some cute stuff this week too. I've been waiting until I felt in a more "eloquent" or "sappy" mood to write this stuff out. That's not going to happen, so here it goes...

---
As we were getting ready for church - 
Mackenna, to Jocelyn: "She's so big."
Me: "I know, how did she get so big?"
Mackenna: "She growed."..... (sensing that I was not okay with this fact) "I don't want you to stop her."
Me: "But then she'll be as big as you."
Mackenna: "I know, she has to grow. That's what big kids do."

---
When I tried to wake Micah when he fell asleep during listen books at "rest" time - 
Mackenna: "We should just leave him alone."

---
Mackenna: "Can I have another one of your treats?"
Me: "No, they are mine."
Mackenna: "It's okay, I just want some of them."

---
Micah, to me: "What are your favorite colors?"
(We go through a whole list, and he picks out those colors to use in his coloring picture.)
Micah: "I'm just going to try them and see if I like them."
(He tries them)
Micah: "Okay, I like them, so I can use them."

---
Mackenna, praying: "Thank you for this wonderful day. Thank you for this wonderful world. Thank you for Mother's Day."

---
Micah: "When will it be the next Mother's Day?"
Me: "Well, can't every day be Mother's Day?"
Micah: "No, then we won't have our next Christmas."

---
Mackenna, to Daddy: "When I get bigger and Micah goes with you to work then I'll stay with mommy and we'll watch the babies."

---
Daddy, to Mackenna: "Look at my two pretty girls. Do you think Jocelyn is pretty?"
Mackenna: "Yes."
Daddy: "You know, when she grows up, she's going to look up to you, and you need to be a good example for her."
Mackenna: "When I grow up, I'm going to tell her what to do."

---
(Although I couldn't catch the details, I did overhear a conversation between M&M tonight about how they were going to get married and they would kiss everytime Mackenna said so.)



_DSC8967.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment