Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Fresh Resolve

I've been making some changes to my routines recently - choosing to renew my commitment to good habits.
- Going to bed early
- Getting up at 6 - showering/getting ready, spending time with the Lord, having some coffee, preparing the house for the day
- Staying on top of the housework (decided to try the FlyLady emails for awhile...we'll see)
- Doing more active, purposeful play with my kids

In some ways, I know that my resolve will wane in the coming days...but I also have fresh hope that I may be able to see real progress this time. Why? Because I'm not doing this alone. For this fresh start, I have the support of my husband. He has been a enthusiastic co-laborer in many of these things. I'm so thankful. He also wants to get up early. He is more committed than usual to keeping a chaos free house (seeing it as a benefit to the family, not just a concession for me). What a gift.

2 comments:

  1. I love this. You're inspiring me. And I'm so glad Curt's on board!! Definitely, definitely helps. I know the weekly schedule I made for myself is loosely based on FlyLady ideas, but I ought to go check out her site and get re-inspired. (=

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete