Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Goals

One of the blogs, Intentionally Katie, that I have recently begun reading in my {beloved} google reader account has been showing her progress working her way through 101 goals in 1001 days. I've really enjoyed seeing her progress, and seeing the types of things that she is committed to accomplishing. Here are some goals that have come to mind in the last few days as things that I would really like to accomplish. Maybe this list will grow, and maybe it will just remain these five. (5 goals in 50 days doesn't sound as impressive, huh!?)

- Run a 5K. I think I'm going to start the Couch 2 5K plan while on vacation next week; I plan on downloading this app soon. This is a majorly scary thing for me. I don't like failure. It's not that I never fail at things, but I like to believe that when I fail it is because I purposefully chose to quit or that it wasn't worth me trying my best. (I remember having a conversation with my sister before student teaching about failure. What if I actually failed at being a teacher? Not because I didn't try hard enough, but because I just actually couldn't do it. That was something very scary to me and felt very out of my control comfort zone. I do thank the Lord for his blessing of my teaching career. Now the same for running!? haha.) Running is something that I really don't have much confidence in myself with. I've never been successful, never been an athlete, never run 3 miles. I don't think I really think it is possible for me to do. I'm going to do my best to put that out of my head and believe that if these other oofs can do this, I can too. There are some beach 5K's this summer that I should be able to do at the end/middle of the nine-week program. (Traveling and the Heat are two potential obstacles here - although the one may help alleviate the other!)

- Finish the twins' baby books - I'd say they are at 60% completion and have sat at that level for the last 8 months.

- Paint our bedroom. Get new curtains/blinds. Revamp our furniture. This is a 8 month overdue birthday present to myself. I want the look of a peaceful beach cottage...not a depressing clutter fest! (I'll look for some link inspiration on this one.)

- Complete a quilt-along. From start to finish - including the binding and the quilting. Not sure when I'll be able to do this one as I really want to join in on one that is just starting and be able to follow along on schedule with everyone else. The collaboration and community is part of the appeal to me.

- And this one I stole from Katie - get up at 6 am for 30 days in a row

2 comments:

  1. I love these goals. Nice and diverse. Maybe once I am sleeping more I will set some fun goals.Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steal away, girlfriend! Many of mine were borrowed from other blogs, too. I'm so glad you've been inspired! I LOVE my little list. Can't wait to see how many I get through by Sept 2012...

    Your kids are ADORABLE, by the way! Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete