Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Big 3-0

Last week I turned 30. It was a really wonderful day, thanks to my wonderful husband, loving children, and good friends. For some, I know this birthday can be traumatic. However, my life feels so full right now, and I'm happy to be right where I am, so the number on the page didn't scare me too much. (Plus, my husband is always older!)

I want to also recap some of the wonderful events of the day, but here is what I mean about having a full life at this milestone birthday.

Things in my life now that I did not have at 25:
- Two lovely children
- Two lovely children who are learning (fairly quickly, finally) how to go potty
- A little life moving inside me, reminding me that soon I get to nurture and feed and love and kiss and snuggle another little life
- House
- Unemployment status for myself
- A minivan (actually two, but that is a different story)
- A Smartphone :) (it is the little things, after all)

Things in my life now that I did not have at 21:
- A husband
- A college degree
- 5 "wonderful" years of teaching under my belt, plus three years of part-time school administration experience
- A Florida resident voting card
- Membership at a church where I am encouraged and challenged by the teaching and by my relationships

And, to not be overlooked, some things in my life now that have been present throughout all these milestone birthdays:
- A Savior who loves me, redeemed me, sustains me, provides for me
- A family who loves me, in spite of my shortcomings, and supports me through all my changes and stages and moods
- Everything I need, and much of what I want

No comments:

Post a Comment