Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

"The List"


Sometime while we were in Indiana in July it hit me that soon we were going to be in that time period that I had been referring to as "after vacation." You see, I had been referring to after vacation anytime anything came up that would seem to suggest that I needed to think about the fact that a baby was on its way. If someone asked me about where the baby was going to sleep, I would respond, "oh, we are going to worry about that after vacation." Same for how the baby quilt was coming, where the baby clothes were, etc.
On my way home from Indiana, as the panic was starting to set in that we were really at that magical after vacation point, I made a "to-do list." I didn't even really share it with Curt, but writing it all down in one place was magically cathartic.

Here it is, with our progress noted:

  • Organize our closet
  • Sort kids' toys - the ones in the garage, their room, the front console, and the black organizer in the back
  • Finish M&M's baby books
  • Move bookshelves to our bedroom, rearrange the bedroom, get a glider for bedroom
  • Get facia painted? (budget will probably mean that we need to do this ourselves, and it will have to wait until after baby is born....again)
  • Spread grass seed
  • Sort our closet (I guess I really wanted this one done..haha)
  • Sort kids' clothes in the closet, clean out the upper part of the closet Still need to put some of the bedding that is up there into space bags
  • Buy kids' new bed
  • Buy additional dresser and clothes bar for kids' closet
  • Sew quilt (75% of the blocks are cut out for this. Naptime today may bring progress on the rest of it.)
  • Make transportation tot school unit
  • Make 2009, 2010 family photo books (2009 is in final editing stages, 2010 hasn't been started)
  • Take kids' 3 year photos, get them taken, or edit the ones taken on vacation
  • Clean out the garage
  • Figure out more storage in the bathroom and clean out linen closet
  • Hang kids' growth chart
  • Make art to hang on kids' walls
  • Make our photo collage of God's faithfulness (not sure where I'm going to hang this anymore)
  • Make or frame art for the front wall of the house, get a new lamp to make that spot available
  • Get rid of excess kids' clothing in the garage, sort clothes that are ready to go other places
  • Potty train (like how I just threw that in there at the end?)....hmmmm....dare I actually cross this one off the list?


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment