Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Almost a big sister

My sweet little Mackenna. Hard to believe she is almost a big sister. Where has the time gone? 
Posted by Picasa

She really has a tender side. I love seeing the way she cares for me and the baby. She will often ask me how mama is doing, how my belly feels, if it is tight, if I am sore. She came up tonight and just put one hand on her chin and one hand on my belly, waiting for a kick. She prays consistently (Micah does too, but especially her) thanking God that mama has a baby. She can't wait to be a big sister. She wants to play with her sister, but she also knows she will do a lot of sleeping and eating from mama in the beginning. When she gets bigger, she says she wants to be "just like mama." She still loves to snuggle, even though my belly gets in the way. She gives great hugs, being careful of the baby, and sometimes even hugging her too. Yes, she has an awful temper and range of emotions, but she has such a tender and affectionate side that it completely melts my heart. I'm so happy that I get the privilege of being her mama, and I can't wait for her to have a sister.




No comments:

Post a Comment