Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Maybe she'll be here by the next update

The version was four days ago. I have transitioned into a new phase of uncomfortable since the version. The pain wasn't "that" bad during the version, but it left my abdomen really tender and sore. This has made moving and bending more difficult - I officially look strange when I do anything. I have been having quite a few contractions, mostly false ones I assume, some are painful, but they don't fall into any kind of pattern yet.


I did think that the baby had flipped back to breech or transverse. I felt some major rolling movements, and I thought I felt her hard round head in the exact same spot it was before the version on Wednesday morning. I knew the plan would be to do the version again, and schedule an induction for immediately after, in my 39th week. I also knew that the baby was just going to get bigger and more and more stuck, so I wanted to do the procedure early in the week. For this reason, I moved my 39 week appointment to Friday (yesterday) instead of Monday. 


The doctor that I saw on Friday also thought that she had flipped back breech when she felt my abdomen. She also couldn't conclusively tell from the internal exam. However, the ultrasound showed that she was indeed still head down, but actively squirming around. Because her position does not seem "fixed" at this point, the doctor said that if I was okay with scheduling an induction next week, so was she. Assuming she is still head down, I can go back to a midwife delivery - the ladies in the practice that I am at least more familiar with. I do feel that this is a wise decision, if she is head down, then, Lord willing, it will be a smooth induction in the middle of my 39th week, just 5 days before my due date. If she isn't, and I go to the hospital before my water breaks or I am in active labor, then hopefully we will be able to attempt a version. I don't believe this would be the case if I waited for labor.


So Wednesday is the day (with my favorite midwife). That leaves today and tomorrow, fairly normal weekend days for us. Monday, a family day, maybe going to the beach. And Tuesday, a work day for Curt and a normal mom day for me. That is it. I can't believe it.


Some prayer requests - 

- That she really would stay head down until Wednesday. I'm going to play music down low and not lie down flat, but the rest is up to her!
- That I would make a little more progress before the induction on Wednesday. I had a very successful and smooth induction with the twins (they had pretty much turned off pitocin by the afternoon), but I had made a little more progress by the start of the induction.
- If she is not head down on Wednesday, that a good doctor would be on call for the version and it would be successful - not leaving me too sore to accomplish labor.
- If she is not head down on Wednesday, and if a version is not possible, that all involved will have wisdom about the potential c-section.
- That she really would be born on Wednesday (or Thursday). I have a hard time controlling my emotions as we go into this situation, and gearing up for a birth on Wednesday, for it not to happen just seems really hard to deal with.
- For a healthy, good nursing, little girl
- For safety for my mom as she travels down on Friday (one week from yesterday - wow!) - and that the timing of her trip would be just perfect
- That I would be able to sleep as much as possible between now and then - not awake because of crazy thoughts in my head

No comments:

Post a Comment