Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Dwell on the truth

I am trying to "take every thought captive" when it comes to swirl of thoughts in my head about the upcoming birth of this baby girl. I am thankful that I hopefully only have two more nights of sleep/worry before she arrives. I wake up frequently in the night, and it is hard to get the crazy thoughts out of my head when I'm trying to go back to sleep. I try to spend the time praying, and I thought it might be helpful to make a list of true thoughts to dwell on during those harder times.

- God is the blessed and only Sovereign - it is only He who ultimately controls the events of this child's birth (1 Timothy 6:15)
- God is the one who gave her life and has sustained her thus far - he is the one in charge
- I cannot, by worrying, add or subtract a single minute to her life (Matthew 6:27)
- God has determined her times and places to live (Acts 17:26)
- God gives good gifts to those who ask (Matthew 7:11)
- God is my refuge and strength, present help in times of trouble (Psalm 46:1)

What else should be added to this list?

**Some updates from friends -
- God loves her and will not forget her, even if I could (Isaiah 49:14-16)
- God has knit her together in my womb. She, as well as me, is fearfully and wonderfully made. All of her days are written in his book before she has even come (Psalm 139:13-18)
- It is the Lord who gives good things to those who walk with him (Psalm 84:11)
- And one courtesy of my kids and their cubbies studies! All beautiful things are created by God (Ecclesiastes 3:11)

No comments:

Post a Comment