Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

So apparently that can happen...

I thought my water broke last night around 6:30 PM. It was the most exciting thing. Except that it didn't really happen.

It really just felt right. It had been a different kind of day. I had kind of felt "leaky" all day, contractions were picking up in frequency and intensity, I had the intense desire to clean my house. When my "water broke," it just seemed like the next step. An awesome next step.

Unfortunately, I guess it was just pee. :)  So, yup, I can think of all kinds of funny things to say here, like: Micah isn't the only one who had an accident yesterday or just when I get two kids out of diapers, we will have two more in diapers, etc.

Yeah, I didn't really think it was so funny last night. And I'm not sure I still do. Water breaking is such a clear sign that your body is saying "go time." There is no turning back. I really got a glimpse that I was really going to be holding a baby sometime soon. It was beautiful.

Now, it is 5:21 AM, and I got VERY little sleep last night. I'm ready to go to the hospital for the 2nd time in less than 12 hours, and I'm hopeful that we will have a different result. I'm hopeful, but I'm also feeling a little jaded.

However, he is too wise to be mistaken and too good to be unkind. He has already gone before and prepared my day. Now it is time for me to walk into it with an open mind and heart.

1 comment: