Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Another month to be thankful for

Dearest Jocelyn,

I am a few days late writing your two month letter. It is actually the 24th of November, Thanksgiving Day. I'm kind of glad that I am writing it today, because I am so so very thankful for you. In fact, I am fighting the urge right now to go get you out of bed so I can get in some Jocelyn snuzzles on this early Thanksgiving morning. However, you are sleeping, and I will choose to let you sleep and write this instead. I can't wait for you to wake up and give me a big, happy, sleeping well at night smile though. Yes, that is right, you are sleeping well at night. And, yes, that is right, you are full of smiles recently. You really are turning into a happy baby. I used to feel bad when people would ask me if you were a "good baby." I never knew how to answer that. I was so thankful for you and in love with you, and choosing to focus on all your many positives and our blessings, but you weren't really a good baby in the way they were asking the question. You were a blessing baby, a loved baby, a snuggled baby, a healthy baby, but not really a happy baby. For whatever reason, whether it is my diet change, the acid reflux medicine, or you sleeping more, you are much much more content, happier, and I would now call you a "good baby" in every sense of the word.

(Your sweet big sister just joined me in the chair. She loves you so very much. There are many times when I tell her to go do something and she responds, "but I'm talking to Jocelyn." For that matter, you are much less bothered by your siblings in general. You have locked eyes with Micah, following him across the room, flashing a big smile his direction. When they are continually in your face, you don't seem frustrated. You are fitting in quite well with the chaos of the family.)

You seem to like your parents too. You are starting to talk with daddy a lot. You love to make noises back and forth with him; he loves it too. You still like to be held out in daddy's arms, facing his body, being bounced. You are getting bigger though and aren't fitting in his arms quite as well. You will stretch out sometimes with your legs and almost jump out of this position. I'm pretty happy too, because you seem to really like me. I can usually calm you down if you are fussy - you like your bottom patted if you are held in a cradle position and you like your back patted if you are held upright on my shoulder. You also like to lay across my arm facing down and out. In general, you like to be with your mama and your daddy. We like being with you too.

You still like to "run run run" while mama moves your legs. You are interested in your two favorite toys - the Baby Einstein sound and lights gym and your Tiny Love mobile (two amazing purchases). There are many times after eating that you are content to lay and play looking at "nothing," but when this happy contentment wears off, your toys will occupy you a little longer.

You usually go to bed between 8:30 and 10 and will usually sleep until 3:30 or 4:30 before waking up to eat. Then you usually eat again around 6:00ish and sleep again until about 8:00. You are going to be one very clean baby as your sleeping got drastically better and has stayed great ever since we started bathing you nightly. During the day, you generally eat, then are awake for about an hour or more, then you sleep for about an hour and a half before you wake and eat again. You like to sleep on your belly during the day. You seem to be a sound machine addict. This addiction was starting before, but sleeping with a humidifier pretty much clinched this deal. Your eyes start to close as soon as you hear that noise. You sometimes will fuss yourself to sleep within five minutes or so - which is good, because that is pretty much as long as your mama is willing to let you cry right now. I'm okay with "spoiling" you right now. You are my baby. We love you; we are so thankful for you, sweet Jocelyn Raeanne.

Love,
Your Mama


No comments:

Post a Comment