Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

Some random Friday thoughts...

- Someone ate "Tasties" in my bed today. Great. What are tasties, you ask? Mini Chocolate Frosted Mini Wheats. Not exactly "mom and dad's bed" kind of food.

- Mackenna peed on the sidewalk outside today. I was actually excited about this. I don't think this says great things about my state of mind.

I had just come around the corner from getting Micah dressed in his room. I realized the front door was open and Mackenna was gone. I was getting ready to talk to her about not leaving the house without me. I then heard her say "mom, I'm peeing" (three words that send chills down my spine). When I saw the puddle, I decided that I was thankful she had left the house and was only peeing on the sidewalk, not someplace where I had to clean!

- The kids were singing the Cubbies theme song in the backseat. They were talking about the fact that God loves them. Micah added, "God loves Jocelyn, too." Yes He does buddy. We are so thankful for that.

- Here is a mothering tip I have learned. If your kids aren't good at waking up from nap, I have learned some magic words that will help. Just say, "hey buddy, you ready for a piece of candy. There's some waiting for you in the other room." Yup, works everytime. And yup, I am an awesome mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment