Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

Getting ready for a playdate

While we were waiting and getting ready to go over to a friend's house today, this is what I heard (in addition to the whining)...

---
Mackenna: "When are we going to Elliana's?"
Me: "After Jocelyn wakes up"
Later...
Mackenna: "When are we going to get Miss Jocelyn up?"

---
(Talking about Elliana's family) Mackenna: "Miss Rachel is Elliana's best mommy. Mr. Ryan is Elliana's best daddy."
Me: "Who is your best mommy?"
Mackenna: "Mama"

---
Mackenna: "Elliana is my best friend."
Me: "You know, Miss Rachel is my friend too."
Mackenna: "Do you play with her?"
Me: "Well, we like to talk and shop and drink coffee. That is what grown ups do with their friends."
Mackenna: "Oh."

---
Mackenna, pretend reading the birthday card that I had just written for Rachel, in her high-pitched "reading" voice: "I love you Miss Rachel."

---
Me: "We need to do ___ and ____ before we go to Miss Rachel's."
Mackenna, correcting me: "You mean to Miss Elliana's."

No comments:

Post a Comment