Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Grown up conversations with my oldest daughter

Curt and I were able to go on a date on Monday night, with our favorite little sidekick, Miss J. Before we left, Mackenna asked us why we were going.

Me: "We are going to on a date because we love each other."
M: "You love each other because you got married?"

That comment made me smile, but it also made me think. I obviously love Curt for more reasons than just because "I married him." But I can think of many worse lessons for my daughter to learn in her life than to love her husband because they got married. It would say a lot for the commitment and permanence. Although, I do plan on showing her a true, growing, committed, passionate, appreciative love that I have for my wonderful husband (who let me sleep in this morning to try and fight off this cold going around our house).

----

When I got home, I went to check on the kids. Mackenna was wide awake and asked me where I went.
Me: "I went to dinner."
M: "Was it fun?"
Me: "Yes"
M: "What did you eat?"
Me: "A chicken sandwich"
M: "Oh yummy." (Smelling my stomach) "I can smell it in your belly."


No comments:

Post a Comment