Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2011

The best job in the world

The kids asked where daddy went yesterday. I told them that he went to work. The conversation somehow went to what would happen if I went to work also. I asked them if they would stay home by themselves. That was the end of it - I thought. Today, as Micah and I were taking a trip to Walmart, he turned to me and said, "I think if you and daddy both went to work, someone else would take care of us." I'm so thankful that I had the time to look him right in the eye, touch him, and say, "I'm so thankful that I get to stay home and take care of you. It is the best job in the world. I love being your mommy." I need to tell him more often.

Being their mom really is a blessing - getting to stay home with them is just the icing on the cake.

I get to see things like this:
DSC_0217


And this:
DSC_0187


And hold things like this:
DSC_0264


And hear things like this:
"Thank you for the kiss mommy." (After I had kissed Micah's head while laying down with him during rest time. A nonsolicited thank you.)


And say things like this:
"Don't panic."
"Who has to go potty?"
"Don't pet Jocelyn."

No comments:

Post a Comment