Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas is coming...

December and Christmas are in full swing around here. The kids are so excited! Christmas books, nativity scenes (sacrilegious role playing and all), and Christmas jammies (when it is "cold" enough to wear them).



We have started our advent countdown activities too.


We made nativity scenes, based on an idea from here. Curt cut out the pieces and the kids picked where they would go on the page and did most the gluing. (If I were to do this again, I would hot glue the candy canes on before we began. The Elmer's glue made the candy canes kind of dissolve.)


We also made this handprint Christmas tree from here. Micah and Mackenna contributed on the tree, and Jocelyn created the footprint tree trunk and handprint star. Budding little artist.

DSC_0293

More to come...

(And probably some pictures of our decorated house...with my new camera!)

3 comments:

  1. Love these! Also, what new camera did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jessi, I got a Nikon D7000. I'm excited about it. Hoping, based on what I have read, that it is going to have much better low light performance than what I have now. And hoping that it will help me take this mysterious next step in photography that I hope to take. I also got the 35mm 1.8 lens for it. You were right about the limitations of the 50mm. Glad to be able to take (hopefully) some indoor pictures with both of my kids in them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, I have the same camera and lens. For the same reasons. I have never regretted it :) Congrats! Forgive me if you already know this, but what I have found to be the best help in getting better indoor low light pics of my kids has been to spot meter off of their faces. Let me know if you need more info :) Also, at some point I realized that there simply is not always enough light, no matter how great your gear is. Sometimes I just have to use a speedlight.

    ReplyDelete