Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Getting back on the wagon

I have been waiting for a better post - so much to say. But it is probably best to just get some of this stuff out there.

Micah and Mackenna are as wonderful as ever. Mackenna is back to being extra emotional. We have some really really good days - she wakes up in a really great mood sometimes, she loves wearing jewelry, she loves going places, she loves reading new Christmas books. These are the days that I try and soak up to make up for the other days. Micah is mostly even keeled, except when he is running away from me in the grocery store or falling asleep during bedtime stories because he didn't nap.

Here are some things I have heard them say in the last month...

----
Micah: "I love having a baby sister, mommy."

----
Both of them have said this, recently: "I love my baby sister."

----
Micah's standard Jocelyn comment: "She's so little."
Me: "But she's getting bigger, huh."
Micah: "But she's still little."
Good reminder, buddy. The only thing that would have made this cuter is if he would have preceeded this comment by saying one of his now characteristic "well, actually, mommy...."

----
Micah: "I can only see that picture on facebook."

----
Mackenna: "Let's play weebles."
Me: "Why don't you pick up the ponies first and then play weebles?"
Micah: "Okay. Why don't you take this and put away my yogurt and then I'll put away the ponies."

----
(To me, after I successfully switched a transformer), Micah: "You did it mommy. See, you didn't need daddy."

----
Micah: "Just walking along with all my stuff."

----
Micah: "Let's go to the mall. That is one of my favorite places to go."

----
Mackenna: "Mommy, your belly is so big because of all the food you ate."

----
Jocelyn started crying during nap one day. The sound came through the monitor. I was in the middle of something, and I told Mackenna that I was going to get her in just a minute. She went over to the monitor speaker and started talking into it, saying, "It's okay Jocelyn. We're coming soon Jocelyn. It's okay sweetie."

----
Micah, referring to this weird remote thing for a toy: "I'm going to keep all my work in my lunchbox and I'll put my stuff in my backpack."

----
Micah, bringing back a blast from the past with the "when I get bigger comments": "When I get bigger, I can wear a Spiderman costume and get a really big Spiderman monster truck and drive it and not fall."

Mackenna: "When I get bigger I can wear an Ariel princess dress, and I can swim in the sea, and I will marry a human."

----
Micah, to his parents: "But I don't want you to relax."

----
Micah: "I'm tired of swimming, I want to sleep." (Music to mama's ears)

----
It is crazy what they are learning. Micah is really starting to be able to sound out words and say what letter they start with. Of course, we still have some things to learn....

Micah: "C doesn't start with cat. They should have put a different picture on that letter card."

But they definitely think that learning is fun. He does stuff like this on his own...

Micah, eating his m&m's: "1,2,3,4,5" eat one "1,2,3,4" eat one "1,2,3"....

----
When Micah gets in a one on one situation, he talks nonstop. Even in the potty. Like this "conversation" he had with me in a public restroom...

Micah: "I ate my food all gone. Well, there was some left, but it would have taken a long time to eat it all gone. I need a little place, that was a big plate."

I've been told that he also says things like "I'm working on some big poopies" and "there are 5 poopies in there" while with daddy in public restrooms!

----
Mackenna, to me: "Will you think about what you got me for Christmas?"
Me: "Okay, I'm thinking."
Mackenna: "But your hand isn't on your chin."
Me: "What do you want me to get you for Christmas?"
Mackenna: "A princess, a princess dress, or a wheel."

----
Me: "You can give Micah a gift to make him happy."
Mackenna: "And he can give me something to make me happy."

----
Micah: "What is God? What does God look like?"
Mackenna: "God has a mustache and a beard."

DSC_0059

No comments:

Post a Comment