Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Wrapping up 2011...a few more M&Misms

We just got home from a very long drive. The front room is an explosion of packages and suitcases. The back room looks pretty good. I'll stay back here and get these sayings recorded before the clock turns to 2012.

----
Dad: "Mackenna, I love you...even if you whine."
Mackenna: "I still love you even if you chew your nails."
Dad: "Does that make us even?"
Mackenna: "Yes, very even."

----
Upon arriving in Tennessee from Florida, at nighttime.

Mackenna: "Is this Tennessee?"
Me: "Yes, it is."
Mackenna: "It is dark in Tennessee. I can't see in Tennessee."


Micah: "Mom, the trees look different here."
Me: "Yes they do buddy. How are they different?"
Micah: "They are like branches trees."

----
To Great Grandma Snyder:
Mackenna: "Grandma, your hands and skin are all krumply."

----
Mackenna: "I want to sit by Audra at dinner. She is a genius."

----
Me, Tucking the twins in bed: "I don't want you to get up until morning."
Micah: "Well, if Nana comes in and asks me if I want to get up and watch Curious George with Allison, then maybe I will get up."

----
Shopping for some relatives for last minute Christmas gifts:
Micah: "Are Ashley and Cole both boys?"
Me: "No, one is a boy and one is a girl."
Micah: "Oh, so we need one beautiful gift and one cool gift."

----
Waking up and seeing snow out the window:
Mackenna: "It snowed!!!! It's Christmas!!!!"

----
Very triumphantly, Micah: "Dad, you were wrong. Dad, you were wrong."

----

Getting ready to drive back to Florida:
Micah: "I know why it is a long way to Florida."
Dad: "Why?"
Micah: "Because we drove a long way to Indiana.

----
After tattling about Micah coloring on table and after Daddy telling him to stop:
Mackenna:  "Thank you dad for dealing with his disobedience."

----
Complaining about the snack I offered him, trying to convince me to give him another Lifesaver mint instead:
Micah: "I had Teddy Grahams before."
Me: "Yeah?"
(Micah smiles and pauses, realizes that his logic is breaking down, and decides to lie instead of being illogical in his reasoning.)
Micah: "I haven't had a circle thing before."
(Oh my)

DSC_1363

1 comment:

  1. These are AWESOME. I especially like the beautiful gift, cool gift one. (=

    ReplyDelete