Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

A big day

Today, December 11th, was a pretty big day in the Sharbaugh household. Here are some thoughts and pictures.

- This morning, Jocelyn was publicly dedicated to the Lord, and we publicly committed ourselves to raise her in the way God has commanded us to. She is a real blessing. We know that she is on loan to us from God. He made her, she is his, and he has entrusted her to us to raise for his glory. It is good to be reminded of the truths and recenter my focus.

IMG_3010

IMG_3024

- It is hard to get a picture of three kids. They love her. We love her. They love being with her. However, pictures turn out better when the darling baby is my only subject.

DSC_0336

DSC_0351


DSC_0352

DSC_0366

- I got to hang out with Jocelyn all morning in church. I didn't hear much of either message, but I did get a lot of snuggles. I love her passed out, left arm out limp, head tilted back, dead to the world posture she takes on when she falls asleep cradled in my arms. I know these days of her snoozing with me are fleeting. It was nice to soak those up for a bit.

- She really is a smiler right after she eats. And I think she really likes me.

DSC_0390-1

- The older two darlings had the chance to perform in our church's Christmas Program tonight. They were pretty excited about it. Couldn't wait to wear their Christmas clothes. (Mackenna was very excited to see her friends in their pretty dresses too.)

DSC_0410

DSC_0434-1

DSC_0455

- I about cried as I watched them walk across the stage to get in place and sing. I just can't believe how big they are. I really wasn't sure if they would sing at all, but they both did. I love the way Mackenna says "glory" while she is singing. Micah didn't take his fingers out of his mouth the whole time, but he was singing if you looked really closely. I was proud of them tonight.

DSC_0472

IMG_3040

- I totally didn't take my eyes off my kids the whole time they were singing. (Of course I was looking at them through the viewfinder for part of the time, but still at them.) I didn't see any of the darling things that any other cute kid did from our church. I was transfixed by my own little angels. Motherhood is a strange and powerful thing.

- Jocelyn did great through the program. She stayed up front with us the whole time. Her brother and sister need to keep working on learning how to sit still. This is a lesson that we have maybe 20% taught, but I can't figure out how to make it 80% further.

DSC_0498

- I walked around with Jocelyn outside tonight. The weather was beautiful - the temperature where you almost don't even feel a temperature. I enjoyed our moments; I sang "Silent Night" to her while I peeked in on my other loves reading "The Grinch." (Singing "Silent Night" to my baby brought to mind a wonderful memory I have of singing that song to my dad as I rode Space Mountain for the first time.)

- This is a beautiful sight to see through my window.

DSC_0522

1 comment:

  1. Really wonderful memories and great pictures. I Love the through the window shot :) Are you happy with your new gear?

    ReplyDelete