Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

Please put a penny in the old man's hat

"Christmas is coming" is one of those songs that always runs through my mind as the big day gets closer. Not sure why. I have very distinct memories of me singing that song loudly outside my childhood church after a Christmas Eve service one year. I was so very excited for Christmas. I still am. And it is tomorrow! Yes, Christmas comes tomorrow in the Florida Sharbaugh household. We all are pretty excited. And since it is tomorrow, I figured I should probably record some of these quotes before they get lost in the flurry of what is to come.

- On Monday Mackenna exclaimed, "I'm so exkited to go to Indiana." (Aren't we all. Well, all of us except maybe Jocelyn.)

- After getting one shot on Tuesday, Mackenna yelled to the nurse happily, "I want another one."

- While making chocolate christmas chex candy on Tuesday, Mackenna told me, "I like tasting." Very true, the best part of cooking.

- Some day this week I came into the Florida room and both M and M were on the couch with dolls. I asked them if they wanted to watch a show. Micah told me, "we are. We are watching the beanstalk show with baby Micah and baby Mackenna." They were staring at a dark, empty screen. Easy entertainment I guess.

- The other day Mackenna told me, "Mommy, I like your hair. It is messed up."

- On Wednesday I asked Mackenna if she would still have fun in Indiana if there was no snow. She told me, "Oh, it will snow when I get there mommy."

- After nap the other day, I turned on a Charlie Brown show. Micah exclaimed, "It's Snoofy! We have Snoofy Doo! Now can I have some pants?"

- Micah: "I'm going to take a picture of my baby sister because I love her." A boy after my own heart!

- While Mackenna was talking on the plugged in cell phone to to daddy, "Daddy, you're hooked to the wall."

- While doing an art project the other day, Micah said this about the paint, "I'm mixing it up. I'm an artist." He then went ahead to say, "Let's just be done."

- When the 12 days of Christmas song came on the other day, Mackenna said, "It's the my true love gave to me song." Micah corrected her, "actually, it's called a pear tree song."

------
Mackenna: "What are you doing mommy?"
Me: "I'm cleaning this junk off the stove."
Mackenna: "Do junk and truck rhyme?"
Me: "No, junk rhymes with trunk."
Mackenna, "Oh, what rhymes with truck?"
Me: "Duck, Muck."
Mackenna: (She went on to list quite a few more rhyming words for truck...including the one that we would have all preferred her to skip. We just moved on.)
Micah: "And Starbucks rhymes with trucks!"  (Again, a boy after my own heart.)

----
Last night at dinner, Me: "Micah, please take your legos off the table."
Micah: "But I want to play with them."
Me: "You need to obey."
Micah, in his best pouting voice, thinking he was "winning" this argument: "Fine. I'm just going to eat. I'm not going to play with anything."

----
Micah: "Can I go potty and then get some lipstick on?" (referring to his chapstick that he insists on calling lipstick)

----
Me: "Mackenna, why did you mix your puzzle pieces with your Rice Krispies?"
Mackenna: "I was pretending to make a rocket pie."
At least it made sense to her.

----
And for some nativity set memories:
- The Mater monster trucks had fun playing with their long lost nativity friends. (Reminding me of the year that the wisemen showed up at the manger riding on a circus train. The joys of having more than one Little People interchangeable toy set.)
- Some machine guns joined in on the fun.
- Mackenna pretended to have Mary tell Jesus, "stop doing that. I'll give you a correction."


DSC_0207

That wonderful man above took our oldest two shopping for me last night. They had a pretty fun jam session in the car on the way there. I'll let him tell the story, hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment