Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

It's not for wimps, I tell you

As if I could forget...

Here is how my first day being a solo parent of three went:

7:30 PM night before my solo mission - hear my three year old daughter screaming like crazy during bathtime, realize that she has a sore throat and a fever
8:00 - feed baby
10:30 - feed baby
11:00 - give baby to husband to try to get to sleep
11:10 - start listening to baby cry
11:30 - keep listening to baby cry
12:00 - give up, take the baby back, move out of bedroom and into lazy boy to nurse and sleep with baby
3:00 - wake up with baby on chest, nurse, try to go back to bed
5:30 - feed baby
6:00 - hear older daughter yelling "mommy, I want you," bring her to bed with me
7:00 - joined in bed by my son
7:30 - get munchkins started on their morning shows and juice
7:40 - come back to crash in bed for a few minutes and hear my husband ask "do I have a fever?" (seriously, after I slept next to Mr. Germy all night?)
7:45 - convince dear sweet sick husband to stay home and sleep all morning

spend rest of morning alternating between feeding a baby, watching cartoons, playing cars, taking kids potty, getting dressed, feeding kids frozen waffles, convincing sick daughter to not touch two week old baby, taking all three kids to the doctor - one for a cord cauterization, one for a strep test, one just along for the ride, listen to baby scream on the way home from the doctor so that I can't justify stopping at Starbucks

at least I wasn't bored :)

No comments:

Post a Comment