Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Words from the Street....Greenlea Drive that is


Me: Let's get off of daddy. We don't want to hurt daddy.
Mackenna: Daddy, I love you. Daddy, you are my best friend

----
Me: Let's clean up the mess.
Micah: Why?
Me: It looks like a bomb went off. Let's clean up.
Micah: Why?
Me: I just told you. W hat if we lost your cars because it was so messy that we couldn't find them?
(no response)
Me: What if it was so messy that I stepped on your animal cage and broke it?
Micah: No, you step around the cage.
Me: What if I couldn't?
Micah: You step in holes. That's how you do it.
(Oh dear. I promise that I clean my house. Pay no attention to all the comments that seem to think that this three year old boy must live in a completely messy house all the time.)

----
Micah: Will you take a pause and wipe my hands? (note: this may have sounded more like "take a pause and wipe my hands" but will throw the "will you" in there to give him the benefit of the doubt.)
As I'm wiping his hands, Micah: Hey pause and claws rhyme!

----
Mackenna: I held Jocelyn's hands and said my special words to her.
Me: What were your special words?
Mackenna: I love you Jocelyn, very much.

----
Mackenna: When I was your age, I was a little girl.

----
Mackenna: My drink coughed my throat.

----
Mackenna: I want money... because I love you.

----
(after naptime) Mackenna: I heard sounds of a wolf blowing down a pig's house, on Nana's street, and it kept me up.

----
Me: What do you guys want for breakfast?
Micah: Remember that one time that we had donuts, do we still have those?
Me: No, those are gone.
Micah: Who ate the last one?
Me: Daddy  (As sad as that was at the time, it sure was nice that I didn't have to say "me." Never mind that I had the three donuts before the last one.)

----
Micah, to Curt: When I'm five, I'll be as big as you.
Micah, later, stretching up his hands: This is how much I need to get bigger in order to be as big as you.

----
We were in a parking lot, moving from one end of a county park to the other. We told the kids they didn't have to buckle completely up, just their top buckles would be fine.
Micah: Oh, why, because you don't have to crash today?



No comments:

Post a Comment